Seven Things to Do and See at Timber Festival
This Friday I’m off to a new festival. Set in the heart of the forest just outside my hometown of Burton on Trent. It’s a fusion of music, the arts and a chance to be at one with nature. I’m super excited and can’t wait to attend. Click on the link here to explore what they’ve got lined up http://timberfestival.org.uk/full-programme/. You can also view the programme by day here: http://timberfestival.org.uk/programme-by-day/
Timber is an extraordinary new festival where music, forests, arts and ideas will weave together into an exhilarating weekend in the heart of the National Forest, one of Britain’s boldest environmental projects.
Created by the National Forest Company and Wild Rumpus (award-winning producers of the Just So Festival), experience the transformative impact of forests with artists, musicians, scientists and thinkers. Explore what woodlands can mean to us and how we can re-imagine our relationship with our environment. Play and create in an arboreal wonderland, where the tonic of wildness rules supreme. The programme includes:
Inspirational writers, artists, poets, scientists, philosophers and educators will help us re-imagine what woodlands and trees mean to us and our relationship with the world around us.
An ambitious adventure into sound, rooted in the forest across three stunning bespoke wooden stages (including the enchanting Ethe yrie Stage raised between the trees) and around the campfire. The chance to see some of the most exciting new music live in an intimate woodland setting.
RELAXATION AND WELLBEING
Take part in guided runs which take in the National Forest at dusk. Relax and soak in the landscape all around with a book from a stunning woodland library installation, from our eco-spa from Bathing Under The Sky and from Tentsile tree tents suspended up high between the boughs.
A joyous exploration of food and drink, from farmers’ market stalls to food trucks, foraging workshops to picnics and banquets, contemplate and consume some fantastic fodder.
It will be an action packed weekend and with so much to do narrowing it down to ten was very very difficult. But here you have my top ten things to do and see at Timberfest.
1. Comedy In The Dark with Leicester Comedy Festival as the audience’s senses are heightened featuring TV’s Mark Dolan, best known as the host of Channel 4’s Balls of Steel and the surreal comic Joey Page, star of Never Mind the Buzzcocks and Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy.
3. I’m really looking forward to listening to Alice Jemima sing on the Friday. Such a dreamy voice!
4. The Coppice Maze is going to be amazing. Helping to create a beautiful collaborative maze, then getting ourselves lost in it. Using a beautiful planting of silver birch, hand dyed fabric coloured with natural dyes will be wound around the trees to c
5. Making clay sculptures inspired by artist David Nash’s Noon Columns.
6. Stories inspired by British folk tales and world myths from Ian Douglas.
7. Mindbending science and magic from Dieter Wadeson.
For information and tickets visit www.timberfestival.org.uk
Follow news of Timber ahead at: